• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

When will be Mornell in Switzerland ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

in the book "Vogelbeoachten in der Schweiz" in written Mornell is near Flims end of August to middle of September.
How they will be arrive e.g. rather a big group or at first some and increase until 2 weeks ?
How can I check when they will arrive e.g. homepage and so on ?

Thank You.

Best regards
Dieter

I can only repeat what I've said you before: 20. August to 10. September is their usual time. Last year some were seen longer.
Last year the first were seen on the 15. August (8 birds), the last one on the 28. September. Up to 12 birds were present.
Check also www.chclub300.ch and Cassonsgrat.

André

If I remember well, you can get Dotterels closer to Berlin - Several years ago, one former military area in Brandenburg was a sure stopping point - and may still be.

BTW, it is curious how migrating Dotterels stop every year in the same spot and shun 1000s of other places.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back