• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

targets for next few years? (1 Viewer)

With spring coming up I would like to finally cross off some some of the remaining "southern" warblers that I still need. namely Kentucky, Worm-eating, Prairie, and Louisiana Waterthrush.

If I end up taking a job in Arkansas, I will probably try also for Smith's Longspur and Buff-breasted Sandpiper in fall/winter. If I stay in NY, it will be Connecticut Warbler, Purple Sandpiper (one of my biggest birding failures this year!), east coast alcids, and any rare birds I need that show up (Tufted Duck as one of the likelier candidates?)

Red Footed Falcon

Elanora Falcon

Bee Eater

Hoopoe

Stellers Eider

So, one trip to sunny South, one trip to frigid arctic.

Atlantic pelagics over the next year or two - lots of possibilities but most wanted is probably White-faced Storm Petrel, after reading about its interesting foraging behavior.

Tufted Puffin this summer after a conference in Seattle.

Hard to see beyond this year - possible conference in Iceland next summer will be exciting, and will likely plan a vacation somewhere. I've promised to take my husband to Newfoundland sometime so maybe that, possibly timed for a remote chance of Ivory Gull.

Working on seeing all the families - started the year on 180 (new HBW taxonomy) - knocked 9 off in Ghana last week - Picathartes, Egyptian Plover, Broadbill, Illadopsis (Babbler), Hyliota, Wattle-eyes, Fairy Flycatchers, Honeyguides and Nicator. Next stop Uganda in July and Borneo in October. New Guinea, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Greater Antilles, Panama, Coastal Brazil and Tierra del Fuego all on the hit list.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back