• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finding places to view Zeiss (and other) optics in USA (1 Viewer)

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
Friends

Its a regular occurance that folks on here say they can't find places that stock the full range of Zeiss optics. Well Zeiss and other optics brands all attend shows and fairs around the USA to help out with situations like this.

Here is a list of the Birding shows Zeiss is going to attend this year. Before travelling to any gigs like these its always wise to check on-line that the event is going ahead and if the brands you are interested in are attending.

San Diego Audubon San Diego Birding Festival San Diego, CA March 3-6, 2016

Mass Audubon Mass Audubon Annual Meeting March, TBA

New Jersey Audubon NJA-CMBO Optics Sale Goshen, NJ April 18-19, 2015

New Jersey Audubon World Series of Birding NJ May 13-15th, 2016

Black Swamp Bird Observatory Biggest Week in American Birding Ohio May 6-15, 2016

Destination Show and Dealer Support Pt. Pelee Dealer Support Ontario, Canada May 6-15, 2016

Tucson Audubon Society Tucson Birding Festival Tucson, AZ Aug, 2016

American Birding Expo American Birding EXPO Columbus, OH September 16-18, 2016

Sonoma Birding Wine Country Sonoma Sonoma, CA September 20th, 2016

Friends of Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge Festival of the Cranes Socorro, NM Nov 17-22, 2016

Destination Show and Dealer Support Rio Grande Birding Festival Harlingen, TX Nov 4,2015

New Jersey Audubon Cape May Autumn Weekend Cape May, NJ TBD (Usually Weekend before Halloween)

Hope this helps.

Lee

Fantastic resource, it should be a sticky. Maybe someone can include UK events.

After exactly the frustration mentioned by the OP in repeated futile attempts at trying to see alpha glass together this month, I simply ordered up a sample 8X42 alpha from the SHOT Show being sold by cameralandNY just yesterday, hopefully it will fit the bill; if not, I'll go from there. I guess this is one of the ways folks end up with more than one pair.

If Zeiss ever hopes to compete nationally with Swarovski, they need to ensure they have a complete presence at big-box stores like Cabellas and the other large outfitter / outdoor stores.

Finding places to view alpha Zeiss in Canada is really limited to specialty shops, like Pelee Wings. Sounds similar in the US.

If Zeiss ever hopes to compete nationally with Swarovski, they need to ensure they have a complete presence at big-box stores like Cabellas and the other large outfitter / outdoor stores..

Right, Cabelas in my town has an incredible array of Swarovski binoculars, virtually the entire EL and SLC line-up. No Zeiss alphas but they stock Terras. And in Leica all they have is one model of $3,200 Geovids and a $699 rangefinder. Gander Mountain basically the same thing with less inventory as well as Bass Pro.

That's good info Lee...

Another option...

I've always offered for others to look at, through, or whatever basically anything I have. The favor has been returned 100 fold and I'm always glad to do it. Nothing inside ever substitutes the conditions mother nature provides out in the field. Also...I've really never enjoyed examining ANYTHING with a salesperson looking over my shoulder/breathing down my neck.

That's good info Lee...

Another option...

I've always offered for others to look at, through, or whatever basically anything I have. The favor has been returned 100 fold and I'm always glad to do it. Nothing inside ever substitutes the conditions mother nature provides out in the field. Also...I've really never enjoyed examining ANYTHING with a salesperson looking over my shoulder/breathing down my neck.

Thanks Chuck.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back