• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone heard of Fujifilm Binoculars? Any good? (1 Viewer)

bfallona

I came across these FujiFilm Super 7 7X18 mini binoculars and wondered if they were any good for general use? I know Fuji binoculars are good, but in searching can't find a single review of these. Thanks for any help

I have the Fujinon Fujifilm Ultrawide 5x21.
9.4 deg.
Some surfaces are coated some not.
It is small.
It is O.K.

What it is not is Ultrawide.
The Minolta Standard 8x40 is also 9.4 deg.

The binocular is quite nice and low price.

What is the field size of the 7x18?
I presume also reversed Porroprism.

There seem to be at least 2 Fujifilm 7x18 types.
A reverse Porroprism unlike the 5x21 and a roofprism with 9.3 deg field. If the field and 7x is accurate, these may be interesting. The latter seems similar to many 6x18s but wider field.

If it is the 7x18 reverse porro then it is possibly just another rebrand of the Carson 7x18 miniscout (and several other brands). There have been a few threads here on the Carson with some positive comments.

IIRC Fujifilm is the US arm of Fujinon.
I've had quite a few pairs of Fujinon over the years. Without remarking on quality, I will say that Fujinon has put out a wide assortment of binoculars, often not all that well labeled, some of which are fairly hard to find information on. For example, these 8x40 CFs.
Maybe someone with some old catalogues can help out?

Attachments

• 1sm.JPG
    1sm.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 100
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back