• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Telephoto converter (2 Viewers)

BenBirding

Which are the better brands of telephotos? I know many people use Kenko, Cokin, Sima, and some other cheap brands, but which deliver the best optical quality?
Please share any experiences you have had with the products.

I have a Sony PC330 Camcorder coupled with a Sony VCL-HG2037X 2x Teleconverter which gives excellent results. My only critiscism is that I cannot fit a lenshood to the teleconverter to reduce glare or flare.

Sony and Kodak were the two brands I thought to be best for my Digital 8mm camcorder. It's a sony, so I figured sony would be best for it. It has a 37mm thread size.

Thanks for your input.

BenBirding said:
Which are the better brands of telephotos? I know many people use Kenko, Cokin, Sima, and some other cheap brands, but which deliver the best optical quality?
Please share any experiences you have had with the products.
Hi,
Check out my posting on the photography section (Fuji S7000 + Tokina tele)
I have tried the Tokina VC-40 4x telephoto lens on my Sony camcorder (it has a 46mm screw thread so needed a 37>46mm step ring) it work great! just pre-focus with the Tokina and the camcorder does the rest! the quality is up there with Olympus Tcon 17's etc but more powerful! it also has a filter thread so you can use a polariser when filming through windows etc + a lens hood.
Hope this helps (let me know if you cannot find my other posting with the photo's on)
Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back