• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacement tripod for Velbon Sherpa Pro CF-535? (1 Viewer)

ChrisCathrine

I have been using a Velbon Sherpa Pro CF-535 for years with my scope, and absolutely love it.

Sadly, someone broke in to my Land Rover yesterday and stripped everything, including my tripod, after destroying the electrics in a failed attempt to hotwire the vehicle.

I now urgently need a replacement tripod - I am a keen birder, but also undertake bird surveys professionally (part-time), and this is the middle of the busy season as we all know!

I'm having difficulty tracking down CF-535 tripods, and the ones I do find are very expensive now (twice what I paid!). Is there a new model, or something with similar specifications that anyone could recommend?

(That is easily available just now at reasonable prices!)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

That is a great help, thanks!

I was very impressed with the Velbon I had before, so I think I will try the GEO e530 as a replacement.

I remember it being quite challenging to get my head round all the tripod stuff before, and now it all seems to have changed (name-wise at least!). If I had more time I'd probably go and try out a lot of these new models, but as it stands (I really need it yesterday - quite literally!), I need to get one ASAP.

Thanks again - much appreciated!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back