• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What web design (1 Viewer)

LeeDavis

Lee Davis Wildlife Photography
Im looking to get a web design software, but i cannot find one that has the following:

photo gallery
search ( to find diffrent images on my site )
shopping basket
flash
simple to use
easy to update

This is a battle im going to lose before i even start, is my only option paying some one to make it? or is there some software out there that can do this under one program? i know adobe/dream weaver/ macro media can do this but you have to be a wizz kid to use them togeather and takes for ever to do

and idea's would be great

thanks

Im looking to get a web design software, but i cannot find one that has the following:

photo gallery
search ( to find diffrent images on my site )
shopping basket
flash
simple to use
easy to update

This is a battle im going to lose before i even start, is my only option paying some one to make it? or is there some software out there that can do this under one program? i know adobe/dream weaver/ macro media can do this but you have to be a wizz kid to use them togeather and takes for ever to do

and idea's would be great

thanks

The photo album issues are relatively easy to deal with, but having a shopping cart integrated into your site is a bit more complex because you need the ability to have merchant processing (ie credit cards). Probably your safest bet would be to design your website with the web design software of your choice and then get a shopping cart/store account with someone else, such as using eBay stores or Yahoo stores that are easy to setup and use. If your intent is selling your pictures for example, make sure you don't give away the store by publishing nice clear full sized images on your website or people will just copy them from there.

No need to overcomplicate the issue - Jalbum as already mentioned has everything he requires including a built in shopping cart which can attach to paypal or whatever he likes.

Jalbum

I have tried to use jalbum in the past and yes does seem good, but seems restricted to what you can do i.e menus/other info - for example on my website at the moment is what im after but with photo gallerys , having a front page then galley page then a menu in jalbum to the list of subjects avilable to choose from which would the bring up the photos of that subject would be ideal. from what i have used of it i cannot see that j album does this which if this is ture is a shame, Anyother info would help.

thanks

I use www.moonfruit.com Les,it is very complexed program may suit your needs you would have the check it out it is the web builder i use ,you can e-mail them !cheers.Tony.
ps-i use it for my site-www.naturereserve.me.uk mainly to show people this lovely local nature resrve . i notice your site in a old reply i got from you the about 1.4 extender ! which works lovely ,and your photos on your site are all superb shot just one thing it needs advertising more you deserve more vistors unless its a new site !cheers.

Last edited:
I have tried to use jalbum in the past and yes does seem good, but seems restricted to what you can do i.e menus/other info - for example on my website at the moment is what im after but with photo gallerys , having a front page then galley page then a menu in jalbum to the list of subjects avilable to choose from which would the bring up the photos of that subject would be ideal. from what i have used of it i cannot see that j album does this which if this is ture is a shame, Anyother info would help.

thanks
Hi Lee,
I created a page in jalbum and then edited the thumbnails to be links to other jalbum pages instead of the actual pictures. I think this could be the answer to you question. You can see below.

http://www.birdlist.co.uk/jalbum/home/home/album/index.html

regards,
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back