• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift-sportking-7x35 Model 704 (1 Viewer)

Bencw

Picked up a very nice old Swift Porro, 7x35 extra wide angle, 578ft@1000yds, fully coated, twist out hard eye cups. Would guess from around the 1960s?, gives a nice view, quite heavy, 910grams. Very large oculars and big bright,sharp sweet spot, but a bit fuzzy right at the edge of the FOV. Clean as a whistle inside.

Also added a couple of others to the collection gallery, Zeiss Classic and a Pentax Papilio which need no introduction on here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95019762@N07/

Attachments

• SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG
    SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 447
  • SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG2.JPG
    SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG2.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 332
  • SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG3.JPG
    SWIFT-SPORTKING-7X35.JPG3.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 199
Hi Ben,

I can't quite make out the first two digits of the s/n, which seems to be 60xxx or 69xxx corresponding to 1960 or 1969. The eyecups appear to screw up on fine threads for 2.5 mm, however, which would make it mid- to late- 1960s.

Please verify the s/n and whether or not the eyecup threads up/down.

Ed

Hi Ben,

I can't quite make out the first two digits of the s/n, which seems to be 60xxx or 69xxx corresponding to 1960 or 1969. The eyecups appear to screw up on fine threads for 2.5 mm, however, which would make it mid- to late- 1960s.

Please verify the s/n and whether or not the eyecup threads up/down.

Ed

Hi Ed, thanks, yes the eye cup screw up 2.5mm, the SN is 6910856

Ben

I remember seeing these on that auction site. Glad they turned out to be in good working order for you. I find with vintage porros that they are a bit hit and miss.

I remember seeing these on that auction site. Glad they turned out to be in good working order for you. I find with vintage porros that they are a bit hit and miss.

Thanks Huey, yes they can be hit or miss, although I don't worry about a bit of dust inside as I can clean them myself. I have found with Swift vintage porro's that if they still look good and well looked after on the outside, they are usually in alignment and clean inside too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back