• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus releases new major firmware (1 Viewer)

Updated firmware on my EM1ii and 300f4 yesterday. The smaller focus point box seems very nimble and accurate so far - I think it's going to prove an excellent additional 'birding' feature to an already extremely good camera. Not had a chance to test the changes to AF-C in the field as yet. Some Pro-Capture functionallity now on EM1ii with Panny M43 lenses, including the 100-400. Sadly only 'Pro Capture High' available with Panny lenses, so focus set at first frame. Possibly still better than the equivalent feature on G9 though, given the apparently greater likelyhood of rolling shutter distortions when using the G9 electronic shutter? I've turned down the Pro Cap High fps to 20, and I'll try it with the PL 100-400, but I expect I'll mostly still resort to Pro Cap Low (18fps with AF-C) with the Oly 300 f4.

Updated firmware on my EM1ii and 300f4 yesterday. The smaller focus point box seems very nimble and accurate so far - I think it's going to prove an excellent additional 'birding' feature to an already extremely good camera. Not had a chance to test the changes to AF-C in the field as yet. Some Pro-Capture functionallity now on EM1ii with Panny M43 lenses, including the 100-400. Sadly only 'Pro Capture High' available with Panny lenses, so focus set at first frame. Possibly still better than the equivalent feature on G9 though, given the apparently greater likelyhood of rolling shutter distortions when using the G9 electronic shutter? I've turned down the Pro Cap High fps to 20, and I'll try it with the PL 100-400, but I expect I'll mostly still resort to Pro Cap Low (18fps with AF-C) with the Oly 300 f4.

Will be looking forward to your AF-C thoughts after testing.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back