• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are Stone Curlew still at Weeting (1 Viewer)

Hiya.

2/3 day trip from up North to North Norfolk and the wash, primarilly for a wader spectle at Snettisham for the high tides over the weekend. But would take a detour for Stone Curlew if they are still around at Weeting Heath.

I know its a time they gather in roosts on an eveing prior to migration and that Cavenham Heath is good spot for this but if they are still present in decent numbers at Weeting it would be better for me in terms of distance travelling and other travel plans.

Can any one confirm if stone curlew are still present at Weeting Heath and that its still open to the public?

Would most likely be Sunday or Monday

Thanks for any onfo

Paul

Hiya.

2/3 day trip from up North to North Norfolk and the wash, primarilly for a wader spectle at Snettisham for the high tides over the weekend. But would take a detour for Stone Curlew if they are still around at Weeting Heath.

I know its a time they gather in roosts on an eveing prior to migration and that Cavenham Heath is good spot for this but if they are still present in decent numbers at Weeting it would be better for me in terms of distance travelling and other travel plans.

Can any one confirm if stone curlew are still present at Weeting Heath and that its still open to the public?

Would most likely be Sunday or Monday

Thanks for any onfo

Paul

I would guess that they won't be there & won't be open.

Definitely best to call them Call the centre: 01842 827615

https://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/wildlife-in-norfolk/nature-reserves/reserves/weeting-heath

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back