• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (21 Viewers)

The Twelve Steps

1. We admitted we are powerless over our addiction
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than us could restore us to sanity
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to that Power
  4. Made a searching and fearless personal inventory
  5. Admitted to The Power, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs
  6. Were entirely ready to remove all these defects of character
  7. Humbly ask Him to remove our shortcomings
  8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
  9. Made direct amends to such people
  10. Continued to take personal responsibility
  11. skip this
  12. and this one

I am a birder and I feel so much better having shared this with you. I can only hope that over the coming days you will be supportive.

It's hard but I will get over it

I doubt it! Probably just waiting for the next biased misguided comment that adds nothing because people are so opposed to criticism that they throw their toys out of their prams!

That's the way I built up my toy collection when I was a wee boy, Captain Mainwaring!:t:
MJB

Am I the only one to see that the photo of the persons who are accused of standing too close was taken by someone who, by the evidence within the photo itself, was standing further forwards than those accused?

Am I the only one to see that the photo of the persons who are accused of standing too close was taken by someone who, by the evidence within the photo itself, was standing further forwards than those accused?

I did ponder this. Those birders/photographers standing outside the house of the lady who found the bird were far closer than those standing on the pavement adjacent to the quay.
Just something to note, although this may now develop the situation into a pavement vs front door conflict...

We are very pleased to say that we have seen a pair of Red Kites gliding over Norwich Road in Wymondham a few days ago and once again over Kett's Park today, though this time a single adult, which we believe to be one of the pair from our previous sighting.

:t:B :) nice one! I live in Norwich and had one drift over my house last year! I hope they continue to build in numbers. We are definitely seeing more buzzards on our work commute too. :t:

Hi Kevin, well said you as well.

a complete ass of your selves, you are nothing short of being a coward.
Mick you are a coward and so are the people agreeing with him, why did you not say something to these guys on the day, I will tell you why, it is easier to sit behind a desk and tap those keys, because you know you feel safe.

Even braver to tap away hiding under a pseudonym. Puttyboy or Ironman or whatever you call yourself

It will be lovely when this thread gets back to being about your bird watching day & sharing info.
without the one upmanship and personal sniping.
If you want to have a go at me don't put it on here. send me a PM via this means
lets get back to enjoying the birds in this great county

Even braver to tap away hiding under a pseudonym. Puttyboy or Ironman or whatever you call yourself
Well said mike. Exactly what I was thinking when scrolling through all this last night .
I found in my past ( usually at school ) that people are rather brave as regards what they say behind the power of key board but throw them all in a room together and not a word said.
Time to move on I think!
Shaky

Last edited:
It will be lovely when this thread gets back to being about your bird watching day & sharing info.
without the one upmanship and personal sniping.
If you want to have a go at me don't put it on here. send me a PM via this means
lets get back to enjoying the birds in this great county

:t:No argument here! :cat:

I also found it to be 'ideal' in terms of the way people behaved when was there (Friday evening); everyone kept very quiet, any conversation was hushed even when people were trying to direct others onto the bird, everyone moved around as softly as they could, no one attempted to lure it out with a recording. The whole thing was just as 'proper' as it could be; plenty of respect for the bird and other birders on show and it nicely balanced a rather pessimistic feeling I had about the state of the scene after a couple of recent incidents where I've had to intervene to try and stop bad behavior from birders and photographers.

oh my god, who do you think you are, people are people and they will do what they want within the law end of.
There is no dictatorship in this Country, you cannot tell people what to do if they are within the law.
Just wanted to make that clear.
I am sure there will be more comments to this and i wait for the entertainment to carry on..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back