• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sib 8x30 germany bino (1 Viewer)

publin

HI! this another porro 8x30 germany made bino. as can see nintage bino this brand " sib" optics as I CHECK on the internet they make night vision bino"s for army telescopic sight"s and more combat items and bino"s. this for binastro also joachim to observe this german brand [ they have internet site "sib optic" or "sib binoculars" ] PREDUCE items for army"s / combat

Attachments

• img_20191108_172643.jpg
    img_20191108_172643.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 85
Some SIB binoculars are Russian.

If the 8x30 SIB says 175m at 1000m on the right top plate then it is untrue.
Probably not German.

Low value, I think.

B.

Last edited:
HI! this another porro 8x30 germany made bino. as can see nintage bino this brand " sib" optics as I CHECK on the internet they make night vision bino"s for army telescopic sight"s and more combat items and bino"s. this for binastro also joachim to observe this german brand [ they have internet site "sib optic" or "sib binoculars" ] PREDUCE items for army"s / combat

So many of the inferior, plastic based binoculars claim to be “military.” This includes so many binoculars with mega-unrealistic stated magnifications. I’ve spent a career in military and civilian optics and can tell you:

Governments don’t buy that plastic, center-focus crap for their soldiers and sailors, and to think they buy ZOOM binoculars is the height of ludicrous. These are people with no integrity who are taking advantage of the fact that those people who slept through 7th through 11th grade Science class will believe anything they see written on a binocular’s backplate, no matter how stupid. Also, they often get THAT nomenclature wrong. A REAL manufacturer would not advertise their bino as having “Bak4” prisms; the designation is “BaK4”—capital "K." Only the unknowing or uncaring would make such a blunder. :cat:

Last edited:
1) !my answer to your thread this bino is not plastic ! 2) this bino is not with lable "use for army" SEE PICTURES BEFOR YOU ANSWER! this brand is product with newcon company based on canada [ see picture"s] 3) 8x30 magnification with 175 f at 1000 y is not "unrealistic magnifiction" 4) you are total mistake! about bak4 not labeled on the body of " REAL MANUFACTURER " the opposite - cheape brand with bk7 prism's DONT lable nothing on the body . brand's like celestron/ vortex/ levenhuk/pentax and more REAL MANUFACTURER do published BAK4 on the bino's body! 5) most roof bino's structures today made of rubber and metal not plastic for toy's bino as you said!

Attachments

• img_20191108_172658.jpg
    img_20191108_172658.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 56
  • img_20191109_095820.jpg
    img_20191109_095820.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 25
  • img_20191109_100058.jpg
    img_20191109_100058.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 34
  • img_20191109_102509.jpg
    img_20191109_102509.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 38
  • img_20191109_103436.jpg
    img_20191109_103436.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi publin,

The 8x30 binocular shown is indeed basically not plastic.
It is also not a zoom binocular.

It looks like a low priced 8x30 Porroprism binocular that could be made anywhere.
The German language says coated, but I cannot see a coating on the eyepieces.

If it is indeed an 8x30 as it likely is, then the field of 175m or 176m at 1000metres is 10.03 degrees.
Yet the eyepieces are not extra wide angle.
The true field is likely to be about 8 degrees.
So the printed claim is untrue.

Just because German is used on a binocular does not mean it is made in Germany.

The value of this binocular is £20 in good condition. Personally I wouldn't buy it for £15.

The Newcon 16x40, 20x50 stabilised binoculars are likely Russian.
They also made 16x50s which were actually 16x35.
They are indeed used on Russian tanks and seem to do well with possibly 5 degrees of compensation.

However, the claims for these binoculars are over the top.
Some of them only work near horizontal.
In my opinion they are priced 3 times too high new.

I have used about 14 different image stabilising binoculars for the last twenty years.
Japanese, German, and Russian. Also British monocular.
In my opinion the Zeiss 20x60S is the best, but too heavy and user unfriendly for me.

I think that one actually needs to use and test a binocular. The claims on the internet are often far fetched.
Reading about things, especially on the internet is not the same as actually using a binocular.

Regards,
B.

Last edited:
1) !my answer to your thread this bino is not plastic ! 2) this bino is not with lable "use for army" SEE PICTURES BEFOR YOU ANSWER! this brand is product with newcon company based on canada [ see picture"s] 3) 8x30 magnification with 175 f at 1000 y is not "unrealistic magnifiction" 4) you are total mistake! about bak4 not labeled on the body of " REAL MANUFACTURER " the opposite - cheape brand with bk7 prism's DONT lable nothing on the body . brand's like celestron/ vortex/ levenhuk/pentax and more REAL MANUFACTURER do published BAK4 on the bino's body! 5) most roof bino's structures today made of rubber and metal not plastic for toy's bino as you said!

Publin:

You have been posting quite a bit in so many places that one can be easily confused. Of the 4 binos you mentioned, THREE OF THEM WERE NOT REAL MANUFACTURERS, they were IMPORTERS, and I expect the same of the 4th. In addition, your first posted was of a plastic-based bino. I was speaking of the concept in general and I suspect most of the experienced members not only KNEW that, but would agree with my assertions.

Over my time in optics, I have done my best to save the inexperienced—but overly vocal—from themselves. It gets me challenged a lot, but that comes with the territory I have chosen to interlope into. All around us are ads designed to separate the inexperienced from their money. I do my best—at whatever cost to me—to educate and save them money and frustration.

How bright do you think a 250x60 binocular would be? How many militaries use ZOOM binoculars?
Why do you think the 120x120 binocular (attached) looks oddly like a garden-variety 7x50? And seeing “up to 18 miles”? I live in Idaho. I can see up to 70 miles with my unaided eyes. Those ads target people who are as dumb as a box of rocks ... but who have money to waste. :cat:

Bill

“When I first came to this forum [Cloudy Nights], I thought you were the biggest jerk in the world. Since then, I have used several binoculars and spent a lot of time on the forum. I see you have been right about things straight down the line. You have taught me a lot and I thank you.” — mttafire

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.02.36 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.02.36 AM.jpg
    925.1 KB · Views: 30
HI BINASTRO! my last thread answer was for the gentelman WJC that answer with out target with not serious answers about BAK4 not written on " real manufacturer" as my picture you can see some of mine collection 8x32 levenhuk [get high score on B.B.R SITE BEST BINOCULAR REVIEW] AND CELESTRON 8x42 outland famous brand"s in u.s.a labaled with bak4 and f.o.v .about this SIB OR NEWCON maybe it is realy not high quality not german maybe? can see coated/multi coated lenses by picture? I can see too the okular lenses [ not on this bino] but realy multi coated ocular lenses are appear big and deep like magnifying glass and you can"t see the inside of the barrel this is mine examine of real coted [ but only on viewing pictures] .thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back