• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1/2 day local patch birdlist 48 species (1 Viewer)

stephennj

Spent a morning and early afternoon birding with some visiting birders yesterday and I thought I would post a list for anyone who happens to be visiting Central or Northern New Jersey soon. These are mostly year-round or wintering species and the list changes drastically in a month or two as breeding Neotropic birds move in .Areas birded were the Meadowlands and New Brunswick area.

PS If you need a Northern or Central NJ bird guide for a day I can gladly do it free , have a scope and know all of the local patches.

Here's the list in no particular order:
Great Cormorant
Double crested Cormorant
House Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Dark eyed Junco
Mourning Dove
Rock Dove
American Robin
Red winged Blackbird
Fish Crow
Song Sparrow
Wilson's Snipe
Greater Yellowlegs
Mallard
Northern Mockingbird
Carolina Chickadee
Common Grackle
Red-tailed Hawk
Blue Jay
Great Blue Heron
Brown Headed Cowbird
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Herring Gull
Greater Black-backed Gull
Ring-billed Gull
White-throated Sparrow
Eastern Towhee
Common Merganser
Belted Kingfisher
Pine Siskin
American Goldfinch
Tufted Titmouse*
European Starling
Carolina Wren
Great Egret
Northern Shoveller
Tree Swallow
American Black Duck
Green-winged Teal
Northern Pintail
Canvasback
Canada Goose
Mute Swan
Bufflehead
Ruddy Duck
Gadwall
Northern Harrier
Downy Woodpecker
Monk Parakeet

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back