• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long-eared Owls. (1 Viewer)

Chris G6 UXU

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
England
There are three Long-eared Owls at Marton Mere Blackpool, me Pete and Brian went on Wednesday 27/01/16 but we only saw one but what a treat it was and it was a lifer for all three of us.

Great birds Chris. Do you know if they are there all year round? Would be sorely tempted to take a detour on my way back from Skye in May if they are.

Rich

Evening Rich, I think they will be off in the next few weeks to Russia and Scandinavia, have a great trip to Skye and all the best.

Can anyone help and please give me details on where the long eared owls are from the WWT centre and at what time they can be seen please.

Can anyone help and please give me details on where the long eared owls are from the WWT centre and at what time they can be seen please.

Marton Mere near Blackpool, nor Martin Mere WWT (made that mistake twitching a Great Reed Warbler years ago!)

Evening Rich, I think they will be off in the next few weeks to Russia and Scandinavia, have a great trip to Skye and all the best.

They nest nearby at least some years but can only be viewed in winter. Even then some people have climbed over the fences when you are only a few feet away to start with...

Stephen

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back