• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warham greens. (1 Viewer)

Hoping to take my 80 yr old dad for a wander around Warhammer greens one afternoon this week. Have always struggled to work out where to go. Are there any tracks that I can drive a decent distance down ? Grateful for any directions / suggestions

Not really straightforward anymore as the tracks are quite rutted and the owners " Holkham Estate" are not keen for people to take vehicles down there due to agricultural movements. There used to be space for just a few vehicles off the main coast A149. There are several tracks that head North from the coast road that lead to the general area of Warham Greens and the salt marshes East and West.
Stiffkey campsite has better car access and parking. You have to walk West to reach Warham Greens.

Last edited:
I agree with PYRTLE. The track is very bumpy and there are lots of brambles etc. scratching your car as you go along. I wouldn't be surprised if it was that track that caused my suspension to fail it's MOT a few months later.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back