• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Service above most! (1 Viewer)

chill6x6

Supporter
Greeting all!
One never knows how they will be treated after the sale when a problem arises with their optic purchase. Binocular warranty service should be expeditious with good communication. You PAY for it and you should get it.

So today, I'd like to tell about a company that does it the way it SHOULD be done by all companies.

So my girlfriend has had some Vortex Diamondback 8X42s for a few years. $200 binocular, right? One of the eyecups would no longer adjust properly. She filled out the paperwork and sent them in on October 11. On October 13 she received an email:

Thank you for choosing Vortex Optics. This is to inform you that we have received the product you sent in for service under our VIP warranty. Turnaround times vary by department and workload, but we always strive to return your optic to you as soon as possible, working on items in the order they arrive. If you have sent us a binocular or spotting scope, current turnaround time is about 12-15 business days not including shipping time. For riflescopes and red dot scopes, current turnaround time is approximately 5-7 business days, not including shipping time.

On November 1 she received the next email from FedEX stating the binoculars had been shipped from Vortex.

The binoculars were returned repaired properly, inspected, and cleaned. THIS is the way a warranty claim on binoculars should be handled. The binocular owner is made aware of progress all along the way. This manner of service sure makes one want to recommend a Vortex product and purchase ANOTHER Vortex product. I know I will do both.

Hat's off to Vortex for doing things the right way! :t:

The binoculars were returned repaired properly, inspected, and cleaned. THIS is the way a warranty claim on binoculars should be handled. The binocular owner is made aware of progress all along the way. This manner of service sure makes one want to recommend a Vortex product and purchase ANOTHER Vortex product. I know I will do both.

Hat's off to Vortex for doing things the right way! :t:

Admirable service expectations and a solid manufacture response...doesn't get much better Chuck! :t:

I'm having similar "quality of service" with my 25 yr old Swaro 6x30 M's. Called RI, got a RA, received full acceptance and plan of action notification e-mail 2nd day after arrival. However these need to go to Absam, thus my wait time will be several weeks...all just as I expected! When they return, I "expect" all issues to be fully resolved...confident I won't be disappointed!

For the price of admission in other Alpha offerings, it's absurd they don't All at least match the wonderful and consistent service that Vortex (and Swaro) has become known for!! B :)

Ted

Vortex and Swarovski are really the two brands with the most reliable and customer focused brands in the industry I think. There are good stories of other brands but not as consistently as with S and V. I sometimes wonder if that relates to the fact they have such a strong base of use with hunters. Meopta sounds very similar in terms of reliability but I've no personal experience with the brand.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back