• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix FS10 settings? (1 Viewer)

Sc0tty

United Kingdom
Rather than me reinventing the wheel, please can FS10/FS7 users let me know what settings work for them for digiscoping?

Thanks.

There aren't that many setting on the camera, but I tried the following and it seems OK. I've attached the FS10 to my Leica APO 62 using the SRB Griturn adapter which is really good.

Picture Size 4:3 12M
Sensitivity: ISO 100
White Balance AWB
AF Mode: 1 Area
Burst: On
Digital Zoom: Off
Colour Mode: Standard
Stabilizer: Off
AF Assyst Lamp: Off
Red-Eye Removal: Off
Exposure -1/3
Macro: AF Macro
Flash: Off

I'll play around with ISO, AF Macro/Macro Zoom/Macro Off and exposure settings and see if it makes much difference.

Attachments

• KNOT(2).jpg
    KNOT(2).jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 224
Large files when making videos with Panasonic FS10

When I make a video (film) with my FS10, its rather large. When I make a video of 5 minutes it becomes about 700Mb. Can it less?

The extension is .MOV , is there a possibility for another extension? Otherwise you have to use apple quicktime.

There aren't that many setting on the camera, but I tried the following and it seems OK. I've attached the FS10 to my Leica APO 62 using the SRB Griturn adapter which is really good.

Picture Size 4:3 12M
Sensitivity: ISO 100
White Balance AWB
AF Mode: 1 Area
Burst: On
Digital Zoom: Off
Colour Mode: Standard
Stabilizer: Off
AF Assyst Lamp: Off
Red-Eye Removal: Off
Exposure -1/3
Macro: AF Macro
Flash: Off

I'll play around with ISO, AF Macro/Macro Zoom/Macro Off and exposure settings and see if it makes much difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back