• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 10X50 HD (1 Viewer)

dries1

I have been looking at the moon, almost full here on the east coast - very impressive and relaxing, rain is traveling here again soon, so I might get in some astro for a bit before the clouds arrive.
What can I say with the limited time with an extraordinary glass, well a big WOW. I will know more Sunday.

A.W.

Last edited:
The post title just says HD but the photo looks like the HD is in red. Doesn't that mean it is an HD+?

Looks nice!

Bruce yes it is a HD+, to tell you the truth I could not tell the difference between regular and +, either way it is easy to keep steady, perhaps because of the weight.

A.W.

10x50 Uv Hd+

I am very pleased with this glass, for both terrestrial and astro viewing. It brings in so much more clear viewing than through a 42 objective. I can see so much more detail The glass is heavier but it is well balanced and I actually have a steadier view than through my other 10X42 roof binos.
Additionally I paid well below the price for a 10X50 EL (which I was looking at and liking everything but the high price), and I am coming around to liking a normal view instead of the all flat view. While I do like the flat views through my EDGs, I really like the view through these 10X and my 8X42 Leicas.

Prices are great now also for new open box with the Limited Warranty so you can in the US get one for well over $1000 less than the EL.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back