• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please....UK (1 Viewer)

JohnZ

I had to put the title in as I took some shots of a Lesser Redpoll this morning but they turned out with enormous files. The first was 439.8K, the second was 344.8K and the last was 353.8K. I am currently using Photoshop Elements 9.

You'll have to change the quality of the jpg (the compression ratio for the image). Lower quality (let's say 9) means a smaller file. If you don't manage with this I can help you, but you'll have to send me the files via e-mail.

Personally I would resize the image. On Elements 6 it is Image> Resize then Image size, so I assume it would be some thing similar on 9. On the dialogue box make sure the "constrain proportions" is ticked (bottom left on mine. Then assuming the top box says pixel dimension (or words to that effect) change the width to 800 (this will be fairly large on most screens and still fit if anyone is still using 800 pixels wide. Also check the resolution (bottom of second box) for on screen use this really doesn't need to be more than 72 ish. This should give you a smaller file without any compromise on quality.

Hope this is understandable and helps.

I have been a bit of a dumpling. As soon as I set the correct settings then all went to plan. I must apologise to everybody here.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back