• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"BestBinocularReviews" website (1 Viewer)

I thought some of you might enjoy reading through this website. I just found it and glanced through it. I always enjoy reading other people's opinions of optics.....

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/

Hi Frank,

Glad you found it interesting - I suppose I should introduce myself - I own and run the Best Binocular Reviews Website (as well as a few others). It started off as nothing more than a hobby and has grown into a full time job!

I take pride in the fact that the reviews on there are real - Each binocular I review, I have actually tried out and tested and the review is my honest opinion - not like many of the other spammy review sites that just change the manufacturers words!

It took me quite a long time to get the manufacturers to take me seriously and send me their binos to review, but now I am getting to the point where I am struggling to keep up!

Please let me know if I can help in anyway and if you have any suggestions that I can use to improve the site.

All the best

Jason

Last edited:
Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to do the reviews. As I mentioned previously, I always enjoy reading optics reviews on the net. The large number of reviews that you have done are especially interesting as it will give me something to read for days, if not weeks, to come.

I should send you one or two of my bins to review. I don't believe you have access to them on your side of the pond.

Hi Frank,

Please let me know if I can help in anyway and if you have any suggestions that I can use to improve the site.

Jason

If that is an open invitation, you could consider star testing the barrels of the binocular you are testing to determine if you have a good specimen and also doing resolution tests on them. Then we would really know how different binoculars compare to each other.

Also you could say what your control binocular is and the direction of focus to infinity.

Jason -- If you are taking suggestions, I think one of the most useful things you can do is COMPARE binoculars to each other closely, and not just listing the manufacturer specs in a table.

For example, you have recent reviews of two highly recommended "Chinese open bridge ED" models in the Eagle Optics Ranger ED and the Celestron Granite, which both have similar specs (ED glass, open bridge, wide FOV) and are pretty close in price. I appreciate that you DO put them together in the chart and mention the Ranger ED's in the "Similar Binoculars" note at the bottom, but a detailed comparison of these competitive models would be awesome.

Maybe I am missing something, but for most models, when I click ''read full review'' I get a slightly expanded version of the manufacturers specs, with very little 'review.'

Where can one find the full reviews for Leica, Zeiss etc.?

I would also suggest, wherever possible, some standardized objective measurements. Obviously not every site can be as through and technical as allbinos.com, but some basic measurements that can be compared are always useful, e.g. does the actual FOV actually match the spec?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back