• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Having trouble with my Nikon Coolpix 3200 (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

I have taken 100's of photos with my Nikon Coolpix 3200 camera and have downloaded a lot of them to my computer. Now I find when I connect the camera to my computer into the USB slot after a short beep from the computer nothing happens. I tried taking the card from the camera and inserting it into the appropriate slot, the same thing happens which is the beep and then nothing.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? And ways to correct it?

Larry ,
You might have a faulty card or the locking switch on the SD card has been flipped to LOCK.
Neil.

When I attempt to move the photos from camera to computer, my camera monitor show attempting to load message for awhile then flashes communication error. I think I must have lost a driver or some such thing.

I have two USB slots on my laptop and I get the same result with both, one beep and then nothing. I also have a slot in which to insert the photo card of the camera into the computer, same result as above.

I plug my camera into the USB slot on the computer, get a short beep. Then my monitor on the camera shows "Preparing to transfer". After a minute or so the camera shows "Communication Error". So, I guess there is something missing/corrupted somewhere in my laptop, maybe a driver of some sort. I do not remember getting any disc with my camera with necessary files to load into the computer. I think everything just worked OK when I downloaded photos from camera to computer, but now it does not.

Oh, and Neil, I checked the "lock" switch on the card and it looks OK.

I plug my camera into the USB slot on the computer, get a short beep. Then my monitor on the camera shows "Preparing to transfer". After a minute or so the camera shows "Communication Error". So, I guess there is something missing/corrupted somewhere in my laptop, maybe a driver of some sort. I do not remember getting any disc with my camera with necessary files to load into the computer. I think everything just worked OK when I downloaded photos from camera to computer, but now it does not.

Oh, and Neil, I checked the "lock" switch on the card and it looks OK.

If you can still see the images on the camera then the card is ok. Try the card in another camera if you have one and connect using a USB cable.
I had a problem with a USB Hub once. It was an 8 port hub and one side of (4 ports) stopped working. It took me a while to work that out.
Last resort it might be a faulty USB cable.
Neil.

I can see my photos on the camera's monitor and I can hook up to our television and show the photos on the TV screen.

So think the it might be some driver inside the laptop that is not working (I just don't know what or where that could be!) I don't have another USB cord for the camera that I can use, so I guess the problem could be with the one I have.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back