Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding day Tunisia 07-09-2019

Old Monday 9th September 2019, 20:19   #1
Moussier20

Birding day Tunisia 07-09-2019

I had an excellent birding day last saturday with 65 bird species observed.

I started at 6:oo AM at Tunis with the observation of three Commun Bulbuls at Belvedere Urban parc in Tunis.

My next stop was 24 km north of Tunis at a wadi where I observed 5 Zitting Cisticolas, some Cetti's Warblers, Eurasian Reed Warblers, Pallid Swifts and one North African Buzzard.

The third stop was at a dam lake in the gouvernorat of Bizerte where I observed 38 species (White Headed Duck, Ferruginous Ducks, Maghreb Tit, Black Winged Kite, Collared Pratincoles .......).

Next stop was at Ichkeul national park, where I spent 5 hours and observed there 36 species ( Greater Flamingos, Slender Billed Gulls, Short toed Snake Eagle, North African Buzzard, Spotless Starlings, Spotted Flycatchers, Western Olivaceous Warbler, Rufous tailed Scrub Robin, Moussier's Redstart, Isabelline Wheatear, Black Wheatear and Black Eared Wheatear.........)

I left Ichkeul N.P direction North-West and I stopped one hour later in a place where I saw 4 Dartford Warblers with Sardinian Warblers.

I Stopped 45 minutes after that at an Eucaliptus forest where I saw the Levaillant's Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker (Numidus Sub Sp), Maghreb Tits and 2 Great Tits.

My last stop was after the sunset where I heard 2 Eurasian Stone-Curlews.

It was an excellent birding day with exactly 65 bird species observed with differents habitats.
Old Thursday 19th September 2019, 19:41   #2
KenM

Sounds like a very worthwhile trip Moussier20.....at least 9 species there that I need.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: