• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Discontinued Leupold GR 8x32 or Kahles 8x32 (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

I have the oppurtunity locally to pick these up below cost! I'm leaning towards the Kahles? Does anyone have first hand experience with either one? Not concerned with build quality trust both makers. Main concern is optical quality, have a cherry Pentax SP how does it compare to these? Thanks for any and all input, Bryce...

Update, was able to try both the Leupold and the Kahles against my Pentax DCF SP & DCF XP. All are 8x bino's. Optics wise the Leupold non HD was just ever so slightly better than my SP! Out in the field don't think you could see any difference though! Though heavy I liked the way they felt. The Kahles was a gem, well balanced nothing lacking, not quite as bright maybe a hair between them and the SP! I have really gotten to like the 8x32 format very good compromise! I would say optically the GR is closest to my Nikon 8x32 SE! Still undecided, guess I could just purchase BOTH!!! Bryce.

In your opinion, how do the GR and Kahles compare with respect to resolution, width of sharpness ('sweet spot'), and chromatic aberration?

I like my 8x42 GR (non-HD) quite a bit and think there's very little difference between it and many high-end models.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back