• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great crested grebe (1 Viewer)

shutter bug

Can anyone tell me where to go for the best chance of photographing a pair af Great crested grebes please.I live in Bradford and have never seen a pair displaying.

Can anyone tell me where to go for the best chance of photographing a pair af Great crested grebes please.I live in Bradford and have never seen a pair displaying.

If you don't get any offers nearer to Bradford, there's always North Cave Wetlands. We've already seen the display a fortnight ago, and there'll be plenty of other chances, as there's probably at least 3 pairs nesting most years

Good luck :t:

I've seen them displaying from Cut Hide at Fairburn Ings, unfortunately I'm not sure if this hide has been replaced yet after some numpties decided to burn it down. There are other hides there but views may be more distant than they were at the said hide.

The new hide on the Cut at Fairburn won't be open til the end of March. There are several pairs of GCGs on Village & Main Bay and New Flash at the moment with plenty of displaying - but you might need a bit of luck to get close enough shots.

There was at least 8 pairs on the Nature reserve lake at Pugneys CP last weekend, mile from Junction 39 of M1. You would get close views there.

Thank you all but I had problems with my computer and then we have been away for 3 weeks so I guess I will now have to wait for next years display.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back