• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colour ringed BLack-headed Gulls (1 Viewer)

Cheshire Birder

Can anyone tell me whereabouts uses white rings? I saw a BHG with one the other day, unfortunately I was unable to read the letters with my bins.

CB

Here in Bristol there are 2 such in my local park. One black on white 4 digit alpha - numeric ringed in Norway. The other black on white 3 digit numeric which I have yet to get details of but I think it's from Denmark. There is a website which will point you in right direction but don't have link at moment.
Think this is it.
http://www.cr-birding.be/#bookmark_crprojects1

Last edited:
Here in Bristol there are 2 such in my local park. One black on white 4 digit alpha - numeric ringed in Norway. The other black on white 3 digit numeric which I have yet to get details of but I think it's from Denmark. There is a website which will point you in right direction but don't have link at moment.
Think this is it.
http://www.cr-birding.be/#bookmark_crprojects1

Cr-birding.org has replaced cr-birding.be for most species.

The page detailing white-ringed Black-headed Gulls from the former is linked here (over 20 schemes to choose from): http://cr-birding.org/colourproject...5=All&tid_16=All&tid_17=All&tid_18=All&=Apply

Plenty of white Darvic ringed birds from Denmark turn up on the Fylde every winter. Responses from the ringers vary from good to non-existent.

Stephen

Could be Denmark, Poland or Norway off the top of my head, so unfortunately the answer can only really be "the east".

Similarly I had a red-ringed Med Gull whose numbers I couldn't read. Was consoled slightly to find despite several projects using red it could only have come from somewhere in Eastern Europe as this is where all the projects were.

I've found this one today in Oakwood, North London. tried to get some more info but no luck. Does anyone know where to get more details and identify the tags/rings?I've reported it on Euring.

Attachments

• 5H3A1486.jpg
    5H3A1486.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 82
Looks like it could be 27N7 or 1's instead of 7's then it is one of ours ringed in Berkshire in 2014, can you send me a private message with full details of location, date of sighting and the actual numbers and I'll send you it's full details.

Thanks

Tim Ball

It is 27N7 and was ringed near Reading as a pullus in june 2014 and this is the first record we've had of it from anywhere.

Cheers

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back