• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Creating a Gmail accout (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
This may sound a silly question for some, but I've not been in this postion so don't understand how it works.

A friend doesn't have a computer or landline, only a smart phone.

He doesn't have an email address and I wonder if it's possible to create one, without having a landline etc?

I didn't want to suggest it to him until I know it's possible.

You can sign up by providing your mobile number. It'll send a verification code to the mobile number which can be used to confirm and complete the registration.

If they have a smartphone, they have a email address!

Android phones need to the tied to a Google account, that will have an Gmail address.

Iphones need to be tied to an Apple account that again will come with an email address.

Oh? As far as I can make out he hasn't. He told me he doesn't have an email address. But maybe he does but just doesn't use it.

Mind he knows very little about technology. I'm trying to persuade him to download WhatsApp onto it, rather than using text messages, as they cost me every time I reply (I'm PAYG). In order to get into the Playstore he's got to log on and they ask for his email add or something else which I can't remember now.

When I next see him, is there a way I can find out what the email add is if, indeed, he does have one?

There's smart phones and smart phone users ... some of us are not in the latter group!

LOL very true... that includes me (as not being in that group that is)!

Reference to Play Store would mean an Android phone. Going to Settings > Google should show what account the phone is linked to, but that may vary depending on the Android version.

An Android phone can be set up without a Google account but you have to try to do it!

You could always set up a Gmail account for them and then send them the address and password.

LOL Mono.... I had enough trouble trying to set one up for myself (and that's a long time ago now)!! The thought of doing it for someone else on my set-up just freaks me out!:eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back