• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help me find an old birding website (1 Viewer)

jurek

Hello,
Anybody remembers the date, url and time of a particular site?

British birders may remember, that there used to be a website >10 years ago. It included material how to find scarce and rare birds in the UK, for example how to look for a Richard's Pipit on migration or how to see a Bittern. It could be a material from some birding book, and could be connected to Lee Evans, or not. Lots of useful stuff if one does not want to follow twiitches of others.

I do not remember the site, so I cannot find it through the internet wayback machine.

Hello,
Anybody remembers the date, url and time of a particular site?

British birders may remember, that there used to be a website >10 years ago. It included material how to find scarce and rare birds in the UK, for example how to look for a Richard's Pipit on migration or how to see a Bittern. It could be a material from some birding book, and could be connected to Lee Evans, or not. Lots of useful stuff if one does not want to follow twiitches of others.

I do not remember the site, so I cannot find it through the internet wayback machine.

Well this is is his book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-G...sh+birds,+lee+g.r+evans&qid=1586542554&sr=8-1

I doubt that he ever put this on a website, he will have wanted book sales.

With the Internet, since its publication (and half a brain) it is all out there i would have thought and you can come up with your own if such sites exist in this crowded isle of ours...

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back