• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canaon 7dmkii in-built flash problem (1 Viewer)

birdboybowley

Well-known member.....apparently so ;)
England
Had this problem for a while now.....and no shop can help.
If I go to use the in-built flash I get a message on the back saying "...Menu not available. Flash is off or unsupported, or an accessory is attached..."
Now, I did have a hot shoe cover in place for a few months until that fell off somewhere in Cuba and ever since it has obviously done something to the shoe so camera thinks there is inded something attached.....next time I'll just use tape methinks!!
Have read online about cleaning shoe with isopropyl which I have done and has made no difference.....read about a small 'catch' which is pushed in when an attachment is er....attached but not quite sure what to do about it?
Any ideas?

TIA
Ads

Had this problem for a while now.....and no shop can help.
If I go to use the in-built flash I get a message on the back saying "...Menu not available. Flash is off or unsupported, or an accessory is attached..."
Now, I did have a hot shoe cover in place for a few months until that fell off somewhere in Cuba and ever since it has obviously done something to the shoe so camera thinks there is inded something attached.....next time I'll just use tape methinks!!
Have read online about cleaning shoe with isopropyl which I have done and has made no difference.....read about a small 'catch' which is pushed in when an attachment is er....attached but not quite sure what to do about it?
Any ideas?

TIA
Ads

Speedlite! :t:

More seriously, go on Canon's website and do a firmware update?

John

On your hot shoe you'll see,little holes.Under one of them is your micro switch,which allows the flash to pop up.It's got pushed down,so use a cocktail stick & gently push down on the switch & it will release.Allowing you to use the internal flash.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back