• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on benniger camera digiscoping. (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello,
I would like to start digiscoping with a good camera that has sufficient quality and a good zoom since I like to photograph animals, birds or other distant subjects.
I do not have much idea (very very little) of doing photography, and I would like a camera that is easy to configure, that is not complicated to handle.
I would be delighted to hear your advice.
Thank you
Wachi.

If, as you say you have little photography experience, I would recommend a smart phone and whichever adapter is recomnended for the scope you choose. Nice and easy to use!

If, as you say you have little photography experience, I would recommend a smart phone and whichever adapter is recommended for the scope you choose. Nice and easy to use!

I agree with that advice! I have been trying various methods of digiscoping with my camera and scope, comparing the results to using a camera and long telephoto lens. So far, the only method which has reduced worthwhile results is by using my iPhone and a Phoneskope adaptor. I like the Phoneskope as it is specific for my phone, fits tight (like a phone case) and won't move. Also, it is no more heavy or bulky than it needs to be - some adaptors that fit a range of phones are large and it can be difficult to stop the phone moving around inside them.

Many methods of digiscoping with a camera require you to focus with the scope whilst looking at your camera screen/viewfinder and it is really hard to do! On the other hand, just tap the relevant bit of the screen on your phone and it will fine-tune the focus.

Alternatively, if you want to get a camera, try a bridge camera - it will be less expensive and much easier to use if you are not experienced with camera equipment.

Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back