• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new oil paintings (1 Viewer)

havn't been on here for a while as ive been busy setting up exhibitions and creating pieces for various shows but this is my latest oil painting in progress.a study of avocets as observed at my local nature reserve Titchfield haven in hampshire earlier this year.all that remains for me to do with this is to create the reflections on the water.

Attachments

• avocet1 003 (2).jpg
    avocet1 003 (2).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 60
havn't been on here for a while as ive been busy setting up exhibitions and creating pieces for various shows but this is my latest oil painting in progress.a study of avocets as observed at my local nature reserve Titchfield haven in hampshire earlier this year.all that remains for me to do with this is to create the reflections on the water.

that's very classy- something I noticed on this and previous are the vertical brushtrokes: are they within the coloured paint or are they somehow part of underpainting?

hi ed,if truth be known the vertical brushstrokes are the from the gesso layers applied to the mdf board.i need to sand down more carefully between coats really ,at the moment i'm only sanding the top coat which leaves the brushstrokes still visible.

Getting the hang of this painting lark somewhat, aren't you ;)
Another terrific piece - technically brilliant but also beautifully composed and lit. As Ed says - classy!

just finished this one up this morning.no title as yet but image size is 16" x 8".really happy with the completed painting(if only they all went so swimmingly)

Attachments

• avocet2 002.jpg
    avocet2 002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 41
Hello Clive,

birds as alive. Great, beautiful, splendid.... seems that I can't find the right word...

Just added you to read your blog regularly,
Ulrike O:)

haha thankyou mike,but i note from my experiences here on BF i am far from being the only artist with talents in multiple mediums.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back