• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2019 (1 Viewer)

As at today, the garden yearlist stands at 21 (of a patch yearlist of 82):-

1 Robin 01 Jan 2019
2 Mallard 01 Jan 2019
3 Herring Gull 01 Jan 2019
4 Carrion Crow 01 Jan 2019
5 Blackbird 01 Jan 2019
6 Woodpigeon 02 Jan 2019
7 Black-headed Gull 02 Jan 2019
8 Cormorant 02 Jan 2019
9 Blue Tit 02 Jan 2019
10 Starling 02 Jan 2019
11 Goldfinch 02 Jan 2019
12 House Sparrow 02 Jan 2019
13 Magpie 03 Jan 2019
14 Feral Pigeon 04 Jan 2019
15 Goosander 05 Jan 2019
16 Moorhen 05 Jan 2019
17 Lesser Black-backed Gull 05 Jan 2019
18 Grey Heron 05 Jan 2019
19 Great Tit 05 Jan 2019
20 Dunnock 05 Jan 2019
21 Jackdaw 05 Jan 2019

All the best

One more late-day addition, at least 220

18. Snow Geese (f)

flying NE, stunningly lit by the afternoon sun.

Last edited:
January 6th - morning watch

40. Reed Bunting - odd record of two over going north, well away from normal habitat
41. Mistle Thrush

Steve

27 Peregrine Falcon

A male just powered up the valley, ignoring the huge congregation of finch species around the feeders (managed to count up to 220 Bramblings before I got dizzy!)

Last edited:
After several hours of not a lot! A circa dozen Long TTits, a whole bunch of Chaffinch...and a male Blackcap in the honeysuckle. no.39.

A few today early & then when I popped back for ten mins this afternoon so now 26 (out of a patch yearlist of 86):-
22 Mute Swan 06 Jan 2019
23 Collared Dove 06 Jan 2019
24 Blackcap 06 Jan 2019
25 Little Egret 06 Jan 2019
26 Peregrine Falcon 06 Jan 2019

All the best

Since we left the Eden I haven't really gone in for these threads, will try this year to keep track of what we have seen...
So far:
1. Pheasant
2. Grey partridge (only added to the garden list on 30/12)
3. Common Gull
4. Herring Gull
5. Black-headed gull
6. Wood pigeon
7. Stock Dove
8. Great Spotted Woodpecker
9. Dunnock
10. Robin
11. Blackbird
12. Fieldfare
13. Rook
14. Jackdaw
15. Carrion crow
16. Long-tailed tit
17. Blue Tit
18. Coal tit
19. Great Tit
20. Treecreeper
21. House sparrow
22. Chaffinch
23. Brambling (a female yesterday, first in the garden this winter)
24. Greenfinch
25. Goldfinch

A few glaring omissions - no raptors for instance.

Rob

I'll try and post a full list a bit later on but birders in Leeds have been going a bit crazy due to the Bohemian waxwings that have turned up. A first for me!

I'll try and post a full list a bit later on but birders in Leeds have been going a bit crazy due to the Bohemian waxwings that have turned up. A first for me!

More representation from Yorkshire:t:
Some of our regulars are playing hard to get up to now and nearby Crossbill and Grey Heron have both yet to come in garden listing range. So in the absence of any additions, I'll just attach a photo of an unusual-looking individual under one of the feeders this morning, I think it's an Alpine Brambling:eek!:

Attachments

• P du nord tête blanche.jpg
    P du nord tête blanche.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 49
More representation from Yorkshire:t:
Some of our regulars are playing hard to get up to now and nearby Crossbill and Grey Heron have both yet to come in garden listing range. So in the absence of any additions, I'll just attach a photo of an unusual-looking individual under one of the feeders this morning, I think it's an Alpine Brambling:eek!:

N-a-a-h....anyone can see that’s a Snow Brambling hybrid!....and quite a stunner at that! :eek!:

An entire hedge of Ivy berries H is the pull, although they can go awol for long periods, especially late Oct-Dec...
Completely irrelevant to this thread but we had two blackcaps in our new-ish small London Garden on 28 December (and had our first chaffinch the day before).

Back on topic, there was a great spotted woodpecker guzzling on my fat balls on Sunday.

Completely irrelevant to this thread but we had two blackcaps in our new-ish small London Garden on 28 December (and had our first chaffinch the day before).

Back on topic, there was a great spotted woodpecker guzzling on my fat balls on Sunday.

Welcome to the thread, the more the merrier!

A flyby heard this morning while I was getting some firewood in:

28 Common Crossbill

With all the passerines feeding here at the moment, it was no surprise to see the next species, regally surveying the scene from her perch in a nearby tree:

29 Sparrowhawk

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread, the more the merrier!
Cheers! A fairly measly 15 so far this year - not even had a wren yet. In vaguely chronological order:

Ring necked parakeet
Jay
Magpie
Robin
Carrion crow
Feral pigeon
Wood pigeon
Dunnock
Blackbird
Coal tit
Great tit
Blue tit
Long tailed tit
Great spotted woodpecker
Black headed gull

Not a bird that was physically in the yard, but I won't complain!

19. Northern Flicker

Lousy weather right now, but there figures to be a major shake-up starting tomorrow. Strong W/NW winds and high temps finally plummeting to around freezing. We'll see what happens.

These are mine so far...

Wren
Blackcap
Goldcrest
Blackbird
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Long-tailed tit
Coal tit
Dunnock
House Sparrow
Collared Dove
Wood Pigeon
Robin
Goldfinch
Chaffinch
Redwing
Starling

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back