Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Loosing rubber feet from Gitzo tripods

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Wednesday 25th March 2009, 23:25   #26
dbradnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham catley View Post
Amazingly out of nowhere and with no letter or explanation two feet arrived a couple of weeks back from an address in Southern England that I took to be the importer.
Miracles do happen
Interesting thread, Graham - certainly enough to put me off buying any of their kit!

One more thing that you may find useful if you have to go through the same painful process again (heaven forbid).... If you speak to someone in person while struggling to get anywhere, try mentioning that you will of course be documenting their customer service on a public forum with over x thousand active users and many potential customers, and perhaps on your blog with however many hits per week, and anywhere else you can think of. No need to threaten to hype it up or exaggerate, just say that you will state the facts whether good or bad. I gather this type of approach often works wonders... may as well try to leverage the power of the internet

David

(Visit my blog!)

BF Supporter 2006 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 4th May 2009, 20:36   #27
Tim Taylor
work in progress

Oh dear, having recently bought a Gitzo 1548, it looks as if I ought to get the glue out - that is if I haven't already lost a foot without noticing... I'm not sure whether I'm pleased to have found this thread or not.

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 29th May 2009, 22:56   #28
Nikon Kid
Love them Sula Bassana

I am in the market for a new tripod later in the year and this has certainly put me off Gitzo, I will be looking hard at whats on show at the Bird Fair this year.

My Images http://www.pbase.com/canon_boy

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 29th May 2009, 23:05   #29
Steve Dudley
aka The Toadsnatcher

Kev

just seen this thread late and cant be aresed reading all the posts (sorry!).

Whenever I get a new tripod I pull the rubber feet - if they come off (which they usually do) then I nip down the market and buy three walking stick 'feet' which work a treat! Never let me down yet. And 50p each.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 5th August 2009, 13:16   #30
drbrog

Gitzo tripod replacement feet

I found replacement feet for my Gitzo GT3540LS tripod at B&H for only $16.95 for a set of 3:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...placement.html

Jay
Old Friday 19th February 2010, 16:16   #31
bugmugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindurose View Post
I have only used my Gitzo systematic tripod a few times and was a bit annoyed to see one of the feet had fallen off and was lost forever somewhere at Potteric Carr. Well bad luck I thought, well uintil I spoke to Graham Catley, who has a similarly aged tripod and he has lost a foot too. Has anyone else had this problem on a recently purchased Gitzo or is it just us? They aint cheap! and I contacted Gitzo for feedback on how to avoid this, although they state they respond to all emails within 24 hrs i have not recieved anything other than their automated acknowledgment email to my enquiries although its been a couple of weeks now!

Kev
I just contacted Bogen about a lost Gitzo tripod foot, and they will be sending me one free under warranty. Good service all around, although it did take a day or two for them to respond to my first e-mail. Very satisfied, however.
Old Friday 19th February 2010, 18:40   #32
Sprigo

Although I haven't lost a foot off my Gitzo tripod yet I did loose the foot off my Gitzo monopod in less than two months! I think I'll get some loctite this weekend.

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 20th February 2010, 09:49   #33
tomkeet

Bought the Gitzo 5531S before Christmas and purchased a set Spikes complete with 3 large and 3 small rubber feet from SRS.
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/321...set-of-3-.html
Also a tube of Loctite after reading this thread!!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: