• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

glasses wearing beginner photographer (1 Viewer)

mary99

This is a really basic question.

I wear glasses for distance but have to take them off for reading, when I look through the view findwer of the camera should I be wearing my glasses or not to get the picture in focus?

Having focus problems with pictures (obviously)

Mary

That's actually not as daft a question as it sounds, but the answer is actually down to whether your camera is equipped with individual eyepiece diopter adjustment, I guess.
There's a regular on the forum called Keith D who works for SpecSavers as an optician. Let's hope he comes along soon...

That's actually not as daft a question as it sounds, but the answer is actually down to whether your camera is equipped with individual eyepiece diopter adjustment, I guess.
There's a regular on the forum called Keith D who works for SpecSavers as an optician. Let's hope he comes along soon...

I hope so too as I didn't understand a word of that!!8-P

Mary

so much to learn so little time
(off to look up what a 'individual eyepiece diopter adjustment' is.... I may be some time)

Point the camera at something and let it autofocus.

Is it in focus in the viewfinder to your eyes, or do you need your glasses to see it clearly?

Most DSLR cameras have a dioptre adjustment on the viewfinder, knowing the make and model of camera may help us to help you.

Mary, usually there's a small dial beside the viewfinder that can be adjusted until the viewfinder image is perfectly sharp to the eye - I always wear my glasses when shooting.

Point the camera at something and let it autofocus.

Is it in focus in the viewfinder to your eyes, or do you need your glasses to see it clearly?

Most DSLR cameras have a dioptre adjustment on the viewfinder, knowing the make and model of camera may help us to help you.

Thanks John and all, I have now found the dioptre adjustment lever on my pentax K-m and I will RTFM to find out how to use it 8-P

Thank you so much for the enlightenment, the trouble is most of the time you don't know what you don't know!

Onwards and upwards. I wil try keeping my glasses on but it doesn't feel right touching the camera up against them.

Is there anyone who takes their glasses off?
Mary

Is there anyone who takes their glasses off?
Mary

Interesting subject Mary. I am happy to use my binoculars with glasses on, struggle to use a scope without taking them off and definitely have to take them off to use the camera. How I haven't dropped them, I don't know. We obviously need some of those stringy things that attach to the sides.

Interesting subject Mary. How I haven't dropped them, I don't know.

I drop mine all the time. I try to balance them on top of my head then make a movement and lose them. I can use optics with or without them but without and dropped i am as blind as a bat. :t::t:

I drop mine all the time. I try to balance them on top of my head then make a movement and lose them. I can use optics with or without them but without and dropped i am as blind as a bat. :t::t:

the solution to this is to be found in fly fishing shops, get a retractable lanyard and attach to one arm of the specs no matter what you do with them then it will always pull them back to the lanyard reel

such as this http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/hardy-stainless-retractor

I wear glasses for distance vision as well.

I keep mine on whether using the camera, scope or binoculars. The only time I need to take them off is when reviewing images on the LCD and when using livew view.

I can't use any of my kit with my glasses on and hate balancing them on the top of my head. What sort of camera do you have?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back