• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Emporda reserve in NE Spain (1 Viewer)

I'm really pleased to have found this thread.
Off on a short family break in early June and wondering what to do with my free time.

If anyone has any more recent comments - that would be fabulous.
If not I will follow the advice already posted

Cheers

I'm really pleased to have found this thread.
Off on a short family break in early June and wondering what to do with my free time.

If anyone has any more recent comments - that would be fabulous.
If not I will follow the advice already posted

Cheers

There's a new website (since last posts in the thread) devoted to bird sightings in the region:
http://www.birdingemporda.com

It lists interesting (for the region) bird sightings, so it doesn't include sightings of common birds.

Cheers,

Aleix

Aiguamolls is not to be missed. My only advice would be don't park there in a van overnight next to French birder punk rockers, or you might end up very drunk and falling in a ditch, like my girlfriend did!

Aiguamolls is not to be missed. My only advice would be don't park there in a van overnight next to French birder punk rockers, or you might end up very drunk and falling in a ditch, like my girlfriend did!

I know who you mean, they are regular visitors. I've met them several times, not easy to miss!

An excellent reserve, well worth the (minimal) effort
ZItting C, Nightingale, White Stork, Great White Egret, Little Egret, Spoonbill, Flamingo, Cetti’s Warbler
White Horses present

Typing on my phone and stopping now but what a smashing place

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back