• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 4500 screen (1 Viewer)

GJW

3 small white blobs have appeared, and look set to stay, on the LCD screen. What are they and are they dangerous?!! Camera is brand new.

Steve, go take a tablet and lie down please!

GJW, on behalf of admin and all the moderators, welcome to Bird Forum.

I'm not too sure about your problem, and I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it could be dead pixels on the LCD. It has no effect on the photo, as far as I know.

If the camera is still under warranty you could try going back to the retailer and see if they will offer any help. I'm not sure how seriously they class this problem, which does occur occasionally.

GJW can you see the white dots with the screen switched off if you can then they may be scratches.
I had about 8 or 9 dots appear on my screen they dont affect the pictures in any way i also had a dead pixel so took my camera back to Nikon under warranty today, they wer'nt very helpfull saying that they were scratch marks that i must have done at some time and this could not be repaired under warranty,to repair the screen would cost about £150,as this does'nt affect the camera i did'nt bother,iam very careful and alway use an extend-a-view over the screen so find it hard to believe that i scratched the screen. but they are going to repair the dead pixel. If your camera is new id take it back straight away for a replacement because if they are scratches Nikon wont repair under warranty. If you cant see the dots with the screen off they may be dead pixels but i still think you should get a replacement

Thank you, it looks like it's dead pixels - need camera for hols so will have to put up with it if it doesn't affect results.

Hi all,
I've an almost indentical problem to Ragna, as I also use the Extend-a-view sunshade, and as the white blobs appeared on really hot days with the sun directly behind me and the camera angled at 45degrees I was almost sure they were caused by the sunshade acting as a magnifying glass a burning the back of the LCD that I always fit the cover to the shade in these conditions now and I don't seem to have gained any more dots.
I maybe wrong but worth thinking about.

regards ray

It was on really hot day they appeared and I was using the Xtend- a view so that may well be it. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back