• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Asking for Suggestion on viewing with eyeglasses & avoiding smudges on my eyeglasses (1 Viewer)

MikeBMc

Asking for Suggestion on viewing with eyeglasses & avoiding smudges on my eyeglasses

Hello Everyone,

I just got myself and pair of Nikon Monarch 7 10x42's and they have a great eye relief for using with glasses. But when I use them I find that the rubber on the eye pieces will leave smudge marks on my eye glass lenses. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this issue? I've thought of possibly putting a thin coat of clear fingernail polish around the edge of the eye pieces. Has anyone tried this or have any better ideas?

Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I don't have Nikons, but on binoculars I can "peel" the rubber back and then use my glasses without smudging. You might want to ask here in the Nikon forum.

Hi Mike and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

As Lisa says, the eye cups should be folded back if you wear glasses, though as it's only me that uses them, I'm inclined to remove the rubber ones, as they perish on the fold. If/when you upgrade, try looking for bins with twist cups.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back