• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Taunton (1 Viewer)

kingfisher

Scouser in exile
Hiya folks,

I have just found this site, and thought i would introduce myself, i have been birdwatching since a young lad, now nearly 40 years old, i spend my time around the River Exe, watching Godwits, Avocets and many more, was one of many who watched the Glossy Ibis there for the past 3 weeks or so.

Would love to hear from fellow birders, and their tales.

One more thing.............NO AIRPORT AT CLIFFE.......

Kingfisher

HELLO

Hello Kingfisher,
Welcome,you should find something to interest you here, we have a great bunch of knowledgable people as well.

Now about that much needed airport..............................

steve

Hi Kingfisher,....

Welcome to BirdForum,.... there's lots of friendly people here,... not an airport in sight though!!! :bounce:

JennyWren :gh:

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Steve and Jenny Wren,

looking forward to chatting with you in the days and weeks ahead.

kingfisher
;)

Welcome to the Forum Kingfisher,

Look forward to reading your posts, and hope you can spend some time joining-in with the chat.

:t:

Welcome to Birdforum, Kingfisher, glad to have you joining us. I hope that you find plenty of threads to interest you and if not then create one or two of your own ;)
See you around

Last edited:
A bit of a belated "Hello", but as I have just found out you are a fellow accountant, I thought I'd offer a bit of Solidarity, brother!

Kingfisher,

Hello from another south west birder, there are a few on this forum. I think there's even another from Taunton. I also love the exe estuary. I have posted three reports for the south west in 'Your Birding Day' forum. Hope to strike up a rapport with you.

Welcome Kingfisher, I like you name, can't go wrong with that.
Hope to meet you sometime.
Another Devonian........Paula

Kingfisher

I've already said hello, but this is just to extend a welcome to you to join us on DevonBash, an unofficial BF trip around the Exe Marshes, the Exe estuary and Bowling Green Marsh. We hope it will be the first of many. We might even see the Glossy Ibis again!

Best wishes.

Peter

Thanks for the extended welcome, i have been here for some months now, and have come to make this site my home, there is so many good and like minded people here, i look forward to meeting some of you at the Devon meet in February and some good Birdwatching at BGM and Exminster Marshes.

Happy Birding

John

Welcome John... this is such a good site and I know that you are going to love it. Have fun when you all get together... but remember reports on what you see and eat... dining is a huge thing with some of us!!!!lol

Kingfisher

Just wondered how you had been getting on - birding wise - since your last registered post. As you know, all the posts for the past 2/3 days have been lost, so why don't you bring us up to date?

Peter

By the way, are you going to SlimBash?

Woops, silly me,

Were was i, oh yes birding on the Wirral, just got back, will post a report tomorrow evening. Sorry cant make the Slimbash, but will be there at the Devon meet on the 14th

Paj will be interested in your report on The Wirral - he lives there!

Glad you can make DevonBash. Incidentally, I'll be going on a boat trip down the River Exe the following Monday - fancy coming along? It's lef by Rod Lawrence, who's a real expert.

Hi Andrew

You've saved me the trouble of PM'ing you! The boat leaves Exmouth at 13.15. It is a Stuart Line cruise 01395 279693. It costs £8-50, but is fantastic value as you get three hours in the warmth (if that's what you want - you can also go outside on the top deck) and there's a sandwich/coffee bar and no restrictions whatsover on optics.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back