• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Griswold's Birding Year 2018 (1 Viewer)

Drove up to Sheffield this morning with my brother to pick up his new Vespa. Stopped off at Holt on the way home and had lovely, if a little distant views of a pair of Smew.

204. Smew

Absolutely shattered now. The weather was so bad I set my satnav to avoid motorways. Sheffield to Neath on A and B roads is bloody hard work! Time for a beerB :)

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Just spending a week in North Norfolk for the New Year and added the following:

205. Snow Buntings - Holkham
206. Grey Partridge- by Sandringham

Nice to have a couple of year ticks on the last day:t:

207. Red legged Partridge
208. Egyptian Goose

Highlight of the year has to be the Snowy Owl down in Pembrokeshire. A mad dash with Kev after work was fun.

Target for next year is a ruddy big Grouse. Got 5 nights booked in Nethy Bridge at the start of March and we'll be going all out - well apart from when Wales are playing the Scots of courseB :)

The routine for tonight is different to normal though we will be watching The Big Year. Usually I'm looking at the weather forecast to see where it's raining the least in Wales and heading off there. Being in Norfolk at the moment though I'm going to have another crack at the the Holkham Shore Larks before going for a wander around Titchwell. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute a couple to the BirdForum New Years Day count.

Good luck for 2019 all.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back