• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brief review SV 8x25 DCF (1 Viewer)

dipped

My son bought a pair of these from Amazon based on the Kowa name and the fact they tick all the right boxes, eg phase corrected, waterproof etc.

I was keen to try them myself and he wanted me to check them out too as he felt something wasn't quite right.

Initial impressions were quite positive but it didn't take long to find out they had two issues.

The first was the possibly perennial problem of lack of focus synchronicity, so the focus was okay in one direction but not the other.

The second was the right side was sharper than the left. This would have been bearable had they focused properly.

Maybe good examples exist but these are going back for a refund.

I had previously advised a good reverse porro prism in this price range - ah well it's probably worth him saving up for the Terra compacts. For the time being he's going to borrow my Nikon 8x23 CF III's (reverse porros), which although old still do the job.

I think it's probably too difficult to consistently produce a good compact roof sub £100 at least that's been my experience so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back