• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why am I not getting more birds?? (1 Viewer)

What great news Chilt.

Told ya to be patient didn't I;)

I'm jealous of your Great Tits and Goldfinches.... rarely have them here.

Thanks Delta! :)

This morning was manic out there! But we've had people in the garden so i think it's scared them away at the moment, still got a few tits and the odd house sparrow

Chilt

Just thought id give you guys a updated picture of my feeder, thanks for all your help!

How many birds can you spot ;)

Thanks
Chilt

Attachments

• IMG_4947 Rezised.jpg
    IMG_4947 Rezised.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 25
Nice to see results, a lot of people only feed during cold weather but the birds can use help all year round.

At the moment it's so warm here that my bird bath gets most attention, especially once I've changed the water.
As an added task I have to cool down the swift nest a bit. Temperatures are at a steaming 38 degrees C here and the swifts that nest in my house picked a spot that gets the sun from 2pm onwards. So it gets really really hot. By hosing it a bit with water (steam formation) it cools off a lot and you can hear the chirping (by lack of a better word) of the little birds inside.
Usually they're long gone by this time in the year but they were exceptionally late to arrive and apparently also to leave.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back