• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mm4ed77 (1 Viewer)

Apodidae49

Just had a look at this scope at WWT Martin Mere (I own the MM3ED60 with SDL zoom eyepiece) and was very impressed. I think a body-only trade is in the offing!

Decided against trading up as I just didn’t think that the 77mm version was THAT much better than my 60mm, although the higher magnification was a plus.

I'd be interested to hear how you think the 77 holds up against the pre-HD ATS 65 you've mentioned in your other thread if you have the chance to go back to Martin Mere to try them side by side. We don't often get a chance to compare side-by-side so feedback is always welcome.

Cheers, Pete

I'd be interested to hear how you think the 77 holds up against the pre-HD ATS 65 you've mentioned in your other thread if you have the chance to go back to Martin Mere to try them side by side. We don't often get a chance to compare side-by-side so feedback is always welcome.

Cheers, Pete

I don’t think the MM4 ED77 is a bad scope by any means. If I looked at it without having had the MM3 ED60 I’d probably be happy with it. However, I thought it would be significantly better then the MM3 and I don’t really think it is. I like the MM3 and was looking for the Holy Grail of performance and affordability but I just didn’t see it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back