• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turtle dove numbers dwindle in the UK (1 Viewer)

We had one once in our garden, but it looked sick. Never saw it again. The only other place I have seen Turtle Doves is Garston Wood in Dorset.

Turtle Doves were conspicuous by their absence on our local patch this year. We haven't had them in any numbers for a few years, but usually manage to find half a dozen scattered within 20 miles of town. This summer, I only caught sight of two, and they were at the back end, during autumn migration time.

Turtle Doves were conspicuous by their absence on our local patch this year. We haven't had them in any numbers for a few years, but usually manage to find half a dozen scattered within 20 miles of town. This summer, I only caught sight of two, and they were at the back end, during autumn migration time.

Sad to hear of their decline, Joe!

I was thinking about them recently Pam, "what with all the 1st day of Christmas going on"! lol! I'm another frustrated birder who has never seen or heard one sad to say.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back