• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

list-a-holism (1 Viewer)

dennis

Have binoculars. Will travel.
Think you're a die hard lister? Well here's a book that will open your eyes..... "The Pettingell Book of Birding Records", compiled by Noel Pettingell. It includes postage stamp sightings, license plate bird names seen, t.v. sightings and many many more. A birder I've known for years keeps a birds seen in his dreams list(58). That is also included in this book. By the way, the recorded of dream birds is 253, held by Terence Sciefer of Reading, Pennsylvania. Maybe it has to do with the water in this state?

dennis(Bethlehem,Pennsylvania)

sounds like a great read Dennis- gosh, I'd never really thought of ever listing the birds I dream about- that could really get interesting because I do dream of them often- but I have too many lists as it is, so we won't go there.. LOL.. we did apply for a vanity plate that said WEBIRD though, but it was already taken :)

Dennis, you must have thought you were in hog heaven, finding that book! LOL!!

I DO wonder about the water in Pennsylvania...my dreams do get weird when I'm there....

And it's too long. Boy, do I need a Pennsy fix!

One of the easiest British Lists is the Pub Sign List. Not something I've done myself, but I seem to recall it got a bit of a run in Birdwatching Magazine a few years back.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back