• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Rocks Wildlife Refuge in mid-Sept? (1 Viewer)

Marys1000

This doesn't look like to active a forum but here goes.
I'm going to Yellowstone 18 Sept and people have been telling me to go south to Jackson WY and Grand Teton for better birding.
I see Red Rocks WLR looks pretty amazing but someone said at that elevation most of the birds would be gone by then.
Anyone familiar with this place?
Thanks,
Mary

Yes I've spent a bit of time there and September would be a perfect time to go as the lakes will not be frozen over and there will be many species of waterfowl present. You'll also have a good chance of seeing sandhill cranes and hear elk bugling!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back