• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Help ID Sparrows - Southeastern Arizona, USA (1 Viewer)

Lisa W

I really need to get out and bird more
Staff member
Supporter
United States
As a lot of you know, I have an extremely hard time ID'ing Sparrows. I have shots of 3 different sparrows I am in need of help with. Photos 1 & 2 are the same bird, photos 3 & 4 are a second bird, and photo 5 is a third bird. All shots taken on Oct 10, 2007 at the Whitewater Draw Wildlife Area in Arizona.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Attachments

• Unknown Sparrow1.jpg
    Unknown Sparrow1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Unknown Sparrow2.jpg
    Unknown Sparrow2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Unknown Sparrow3.jpg
    Unknown Sparrow3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Unknown Sparrow4.jpg
    Unknown Sparrow4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Unknown Sparrow5.jpg
    Unknown Sparrow5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I think #5 is a Lark Sparrow based upon the head and undertail patterns. Possibly 3 and 4 are the same species as well

Thank you all very much, 2 new life birds for me.
I appreciate the help.
Lisa

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back