• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Would you recommend regular servicing (1 Viewer)

Hi, my Swarovski ELs are about 15 years old now. Is it a good idea to get them serviced, even though there is no problems with them. Has anyone had experience of Swarovski service.

I had experience with Swarovski service several times, when binos needed something fixed, including issues with focuser, internal cleaning, collimation, etc.
I usually bring the bino in question to my local Swarovski dealer, who sends it in to Swarovski in Absam, Austria. Swarovski service proved to be professional, generous (replacement parts such as eyecups or straps, recollimation, external and internal cleaning etc.) usually free of charge even outside warranty period, and relatively fast (three weeks, sometimes less, total turnaround time).

I never have any of my (many) binos serviced unless there is something wrong with them. Some have been running 40 years and more without any service ever.

Last edited:
I never have any of my (many) binos serviced unless there is something wrong with them. Some have been running 40 years and more without any service ever.

Unlike with watches or cars, that is a very good attitude for optics!

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back