• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wood Pigeons Mating (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
Following the early Mistle Thrush singing thread, this morning I saw a pair of Wood Pigeons mating.

How's that for early? Or late!

They never stop in my back garden. Bonk, bonk bonk most days all year round. And when they take a breather they c**p all over my patio. Grrr

Dave

I have an old bird id book and it says wood pigeons breed in every month except January!!
Maybe they do. I've seen wood pigeon in York on a nest in November some years ago.

I ringed a Woodpigeon in my garden last January, when I entered into the then recently launched DemOn computer system it demanded I state if the bird was in breeding condition.

It took a while before I realised that Woodpigeons can be in breeding condition every month of the year.

Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back