• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Devils Garden Bird Park (1 Viewer)

Al Kat

Just wondering if any one has visited Devil's Garden or has some info on this place it is near STA 5 and wondering if it has the same selection of birds and if the birds are at a nice range to photograph.I have a 100 - 400 lens that seems to work ok in Florida.Any info would be appreciatied

Would like to find Tree ducks-- Least bittern -- any rails but all birds do interest me

Thanks

Al Kat

I haven't ever been there myself - it's relatively a new spot and I don't get to West coast as often - it's quite near Big Cypress - and I've heard from a few that have been there that it is a good spot for snail kites. Otherwise, I have no idea what they might have at any given time of year.

As far as bittern and rail go, if you worked your way over to the east coast side, both Wakodahatchee and Green Cay have been frequented by sora rail in very large numbers lately - it's becoming fairly easy to spot 4-8 sora in a single trip around the boardwalks each. And there's been a virginia rail at Wako spotted a few times the past few weeks, though I've not yet spotted it. At Wakodahatchee, American bittern and least bittern have been spotted over the past month or so - I've personally photographed both this past month there.

If you do go to Devil's Garden, I'd love to hear your trip report - if it ends up with good spotting, I'll make a trip across to see it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back