• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nashville, TN birds (1 Viewer)

Big Rob

Taken over the past few days. I believe the red bird is a Northern Cardinal, but I'm not toally sure. Any help would be appreciated,

2r239k8.jpg

28we2cg.jpg

f30p5.jpg

x1dp3m.jpg

Lovely, thanks a lot Andrew. I kept seeing those Mockingbirds everywhere, but took forever to get a photo of one.

I thought #3 was a Blue Jay at first.... I really need to practice my bird ID, right now I'm more working on songs.

I thought #3 was a Blue Jay at first.... I really need to practice my bird ID, right now I'm more working on songs.

Might I advise that for many, visual ID is WORLDS easier to grasp when just getting started. As a birder of 6 years, I can tell you unabashedly that some local bird calls/songs even continue to plague me now - so you can imagine it may not be the best way to start. Obviously, they can be a good accompaniment once you solidify visual ID.

First step in the right direction would be buying a bird guide if you don't have one. My personal preference is Sibley's Guide to Birds of North America, others prefer National Geographic's Field Guide.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back