• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why Wikipedia sucks when it comes to birds? (1 Viewer)

jurek

I notice that quality of the information about individual bird species on Wikipedia is very low. Which contrasts with some other topics, for example information on big carnivores or dinosaur species is really high quality (some articles about big mammals are better than HMW!). Could some Forumers edit some bird information a bit? I know that editing Wikipedia is a thankless task, because your hard work can be undone by some moron. But since Wikipedia is here to stay, maybe it is worth improving it.

How many big carnivores/dinosaurs are there compared to the c9000 birds out there? ;)

Fair question otherwise though, although there must be some kind of controls in place?

Hi Dan,

Fair question otherwise though, although there must be some kind of controls in place?

As a former Wikipedia author ... nothing I'd consider effective.

Also, I would never encourage anyone to try and contribute to the Wikipedia unless he or she really enjoys dancing with trolls.

Regards,

Henning

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back